Why do I need Auto and Home Insurance?

Auto and homeowners insurance are among the most important coverages to have. Both coverages can protect you financially against costs such as vandalism and injury-related medical expenses. Selecting homeowners and auto insurance policies can be complex and confusing. Our agency can help you learn more about both coverages so you can decide on the right coverage for your home and car.

What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?

Coverages vary depending on factors such as driving history and car model, but a standard auto insurance policy might include the following:

  • Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.

  • Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and sometimes, deaths).

  • Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.

  • Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.

  • Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.

  • Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers if injuries are sustained in an accident.

  • Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and lost wages caused by an accident. This coverage is only available in certain states; check with your agent to see if it’s offered where you live.

  • Uninsured/underinsured Insurance helps insure against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.

What Do Homeowners Insurance Policies Cover?

Some of the most common homeowner's insurance coverages include the following:

  • Dwelling coverage helps cover repairing or rebuilding damage to the house’s structure.

  • Other structures coverage assists in covering other buildings on the property, such as a shed or gazebo.

  • Liability coverage helps cover injury or damage to others or their property if the policyholder is held responsible.

  • Contents or personal property coverage helps cover clothes, furniture, electronics and other items in the home if they’re damaged or lost due to a covered cause.

  • Loss of use coverage assists with living expenses in a covered loss, such as temporary housing after a house fire.

Other coverages may be available. Contact our agency to learn more about potential coverage options and the possibility of bundling your homeowners and auto insurance policies.

Bourgeois Insurance can help you learn more about auto and homeowners' insurance. Contact us today to request a quote designed to fit your needs.

Reach out to us and find out which plans are the best for you.

By submitting your information, you acknowledge a licensed insurance agent may contact you by phone, email, or mail to discuss and quote Medicare Advantage Plans, Health Insurance, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Flood Insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance, or Prescription Drug Plan


311 N Canal Blvd, Thibodaux, LA 70301, USA

Contact Us

Phone: (985) 803-8999

Fax: (985) 227-4392

Email: info@bourgeoisinsurance.com


311 N Canal Blvd Thibodaux, LA 70301

Plans are insured or covered by Medicare Advantage (HMO, PPO, and PFFS) organization with a Medicare contract and/or a Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. We do not offer every plan in your area. Please contact medicare.gov or 1-800-Medicare to get information on all your options.

Bourgeois Insurance Copyright 2023 --

All Rights Reserved --