Why Do I Need Flood Insurance?

If you live in a flood-prone area, your home faces a substantial risk of property damage due to flooding. And while standard home insurance might provide coverage for household water damage resulting from a burst pipe or similar incident, your home insurance won’t cover damage caused by floods. Depending on your home’s location, your need for coverage could be significant. Contact our agency today to discuss your needs.

What Are My Flood Insurance Options?

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) underwrites most flood insurance. If your community participates in the NFIP, you may be able to purchase an NFIP plan. Usually, you can buy NFIP plans through a major insurer or the NFIP Direct system.

NFIP plans must comply with federally established standards. There are two types of coverage: structure insurance, which protects your house, and contents coverage, which insures your possessions. There may also be coverage for debris removal costs, loss avoidance and cost of compliance.

You may be able to receive compensation for your losses and reduce your flood recovery costs by filing a claim on your flood insurance plan. This type of coverage doesn’t usually take effect until 30 days after purchase. However, if your lender requires that you have flood insurance to make, increase, extend or renew your loan, then there’s no waiting period.

Who Needs Flood Insurance?

Many homeowners must have a policy if they live in a designated high-risk flood zone or have a mortgage backed by a federally insured lender.

Some lenders may require their mortgage holders to purchase coverage regardless of living in a high-risk zone. In addition, coverage is necessary if you live in a high-risk flood zone and have ever received disaster assistance through FEMA or the U.S. Small Business Administration.

Get a Flood Insurance Quote

Flood insurance can help financially protect you against the dangers of having your house flooded. Without it, you will need to pay flood-related damages out-of-pocket, which can be expensive. You can also press the "Click to Call" button above to reach us today.

Contact Bourgeois Insurance today to learn more about flood insurance today by filling out the form or select "Click to Call" above.

Reach out to us and find out more about Flood Insurance.

By submitting your information, you acknowledge a licensed insurance agent may contact you by phone, email, or mail to discuss and quote Medicare Advantage Plans, Health Insurance, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Flood Insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance, or Prescription Drug Plan


311 N Canal Blvd, Thibodaux, LA 70301, USA

Contact Us

Phone: (985) 803-8999

Fax: (985) 227-4392

Email: info@bourgeoisinsurance.com


311 N Canal Blvd Thibodaux, LA 70301

Plans are insured or covered by Medicare Advantage (HMO, PPO, and PFFS) organization with a Medicare contract and/or a Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. We do not offer every plan in your area. Please contact medicare.gov or 1-800-Medicare to get information on all your options.

Bourgeois Insurance Copyright 2023 --

All Rights Reserved --